Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Color Differencess - Mac vs. PC

Wickerman

This topic is 5582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, Me again. Another prpoblem I'm having between my iMac development vs. PC laptop deployment is that the colors on the PC are looking significantly different. For instance, all the shades of grey represented on the left-most column of colors in the 'fill' palette come out looking some degree of *lavender* on this PC, which spoils the whole look of the thing! Other colors are also significantly different.

Is this known as a standard difference between the way Mac and PC colors work, or is it more likely to be a matter of this particular laptop being oddly calibrated? I want the solution to look good for the client -- but on the other hand, if it winds up being used on multiple terminals, or if the person gets a better computer, at that point it won't look the same either -- so do I develop so it looks good on this laptop . . . or on my iMac, which I am quite confident is showing the colors more "truly"?

thanks

Albert

• 4 weeks later...

This is a potential upsell for you, if you want to consider it. There are monitor calibrators that are fairly straightforward to run. You could add a calibration service to your toolkit as an optional line item. It could even be done as an ongoing maintenance item. Just thinking outside the box.

This topic is 5582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.