Sign in to follow this  
WF7A

Need an autofill tweak in this solution

Seasons greetings, everybody!

Please login to the Guest account in the attached file, then click the Enter button on the splash screen--you should end up on the Documentation tab. (Mind you, this is a work in progress so please excuse the digital dust.)

I'm having a devil of a time trying to set up the TOs and relationships properly so hopefully one of the more wizened among you will know how to make the solution work: What I want to happen is when a user enters a document number--in this example, 3210-06--the rest of that document's related fields will autofill the portaled record with related data previously entered in the Documentation table. I created the AD_Related_Documents table to store the portaled records since I don't want the portal to add records to the Documentation table, just look at them as a reference.

Am I heading down the right path or is my schema all bollixed up? TIA for your help!

AD_Master_List_121708.zip

I see no portal on the Documentation layout. I'd suggest you post a simple file showing only what's necessary to solve a problem. As it is, all I can tell you is that "3210-06" is not the same thing as "3210-06 " (trailing space).