IWP Record not updating

This topic is 5586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am new to IWP, so I appreciate having a place to ask questions.

I have an IWP page that starte with a New Record Request. The user then inputs data and then presses "Submit." Based upon the information in the new record after it is submitted, different things are suppose to happen. However, nothing happens. It is as if the entire script to update the record is never even run. I have made sure to include a Commit Record command. What is wierd, is that at the end of the submit script, I also have a single line to change to a completely different view that isn't based on anything the users inputs, but that doesn't even happen.

For troubleshooting, I have a copy of the file opened up on the machine hosting the file (BTW it all works fine if I run it there) and I can see when the new Record request is started because the auto-enter fields (like the primary key field) are updated. When the submit button is hit and the script run to commit the record and start the if-then process never happens, I do not see any data updates.

Only when I send the command to exit the application from the IWP window is the update made and I can see the updated data.

How can I get the data to update without having to exit the application?

I think I figured out the problem. I was using a restricted privilege set for vistiors. When I changed their privilege to Full Access, it works like it should!!

Now, I just need to figure out was causing the problem, becuase I would still like to retrict thier access.

Not all script steps are web compatible.

The ScriptMaker dialog has a marker in the bottom left corner - "Indicate web compatibility". Incompatible step are greyed out, so you need to make sure you are not using those. Additionally, some steps behave differently in IWP - see the help system for more details.

This topic is 5586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.