Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Having a field in One table be equal to a field in the first line of a portal

This topic is 5588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have developed a filemaker Database to keep track of my companies Inventory. It ranges anything from details of that Inventory item, Descriptions, Images... .etc.

It also keeps track of Shipping.

I have provided a very reduced version of my database to address the tracking issue I have come up with.

There are 3 Main Tables for my database.

1. Inventory Information - this is where all the main information is kept for our inventory items. Each Item is assigned an inventory Number that is unique.

On this screen is a portal relaying information from another table...

2. Transmittal Details - This keeps track of which inventory items are on which Transmittal

3. Transmittal Info - This table keeps track of Where each shipment is going to, coming from, and when.

My dilemma is I need two fields, "Current Location" and "Current location Company" in the item information screen to automatically update or be equal to the first line "Shipped to" of the portal in the item information screen which is sorted by Shipment date and time.

Can I please get some help.

I have fond other solutions to this problem, such as making a button that copies and pastes the correct info in each field, of the corresponding Inventory numbers information screen, but that is very prone to Human error. If there can be a calculation for the Location fields, it would be amazing.

Transmittal_tracking.fp7.zip

I have developed a filemaker Database to keep track of my companies Inventory. It ranges anything from details of that Inventory item, Descriptions, Images... .etc.

It also keeps track of Shipping.

I have provided a very reduced version of my database to address the tracking issue I have come up with.

There are 3 Main Tables for my database.

1. Inventory Information - this is where all the main information is kept for our inventory items. Each Item is assigned an inventory Number that is unique.

On this screen is a portal relaying information from another table...

2. Transmittal Details - This keeps track of which inventory items are on which Transmittal

3. Transmittal Info - This table keeps track of Where each shipment is going to, coming from, and when.

My dilemma is I need two fields, "Current Location" and "Current location Company" in the item information screen to automatically update or be equal to the first line "Shipped to" of the portal in the item information screen which is sorted by Shipment date and time.

Can I please get some help.

I have fond other solutions to this problem, such as making a button that copies and pastes the correct info in each field, of the corresponding Inventory numbers information screen, but that is very prone to Human error. If there can be a calculation for the Location fields, it would be amazing.

It is even simpler than you think.

You need NO new fields.

1. Sort the relationship, not the portal

2. Drag a copy of the fields you want from the portal and onto the layout.

transmittaltracking.zip

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.