Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Deleting portal row & related record

KLA

This topic is 8144 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ok. I know this works because it works fine in my other database but for some reason in this database i'm working on, i can't get the delete portal row script to work. I have a button at the end of my portal row(s) that has the script Delete Portal Row (that's the only step in that script). In the portal set up i checked the "Allow Deletion of portal records" box and also in the Relationship i checked the "when deleting record..delete related records". But, for some reason when i use this script, it deletes ALL the portal records (in that one portal, that is) AND THE WHOLE "parent" record that contains the portal. This database is set up just like another one I have and it works fine in that database. HELP!

You either:

Have deletion of portal records turned off for that portal.

Are not actually in the portal when you run the script.

Are not using the delete portal row step, but are using the normal delete script step.

What is happening is that you are actually deleting the parent record, which in turn is deleting the portal records.

None of your suggestions seem to be the problem.

I'm in the portal, i have the delete portal records checked and i'm using the delete portal record in my script - it even asks if i'm sure that i want to delete the ONE related record when i run it. frown.gif" border="0

I assume the file with the portal is A and the related file is B. Do you have a relationship going from B to A with the option to delete related records in A when a record in B is deleted?

If you're in A and you delete a portal row (a record in :, then the record in A that's related to that portal row will get deleted which in turn will cause all of the records related to it in B to get deleted.

Solution: uncheck that box in B.

This topic is 8144 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.