Server Maintenance This Week. ×

using a calculation instead of a script

This topic is 5573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All

I am at this time able to do want I need by using a script to preform this task but would like to do it with a calcualtion field which I have not been to successful doing and need help

A welder is required to weld every six month with the welding processes that he was qualified for.

So each welder will have a least two records per welding process for each year that he worked for us. I would like to insert in the old record the word "Update" in a field called update when a new continuity record is created. So in the newest record the field update would be empty for each welding process.

Example

Welder one has 4 records for the FCAW welding process, then three records would have the word "Update" in the field called update with the update field being empty in the most current record.

Welder one also has 4 records for the SAW welding process, then three records would have the word "Update" in the field called update with the update filed being empty in the most current record.

so on for the next welder and the next welder.

Attached is a file of what I am trying to accomplish.

I think a got most of it figure out except how do I find the max date for each welder welding process?

Thanks for the help.

Lionel

update_continuity.zip

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.