Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Barcode Generator and IWP

This topic is 5536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This category isn't too active but hopefully someone picks this up.

I need to generate barcodes via IWP. I have been using IDautomation's barcode generator plugin which is great, however when using IWP, if try to load a layout that contains a barcode, IWP crashes on the server side. The developer tells me that it was never tested with IWP and they don't actually know if it would or should work.

Any suggestions or alternatives would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks. Yes I did find them and I need code 128 so I can't use webcodet. I have been testing texcodet, but the demo is much too limited for me to determine if it will work.

I contacted the company, but they couldn't really tell me if texcodet would work and I can't really figure out its use from the description.

Basically I need to generate code 128 barcodes from a alphanumeric field in my records. The barcode must be able to be displayed over IWP. Preferably, I do not want to install fonts on all of the computers that may access this via IWP. It sounds like texcodet may work, but I don't really want to waste my money if it doesn't.

• 1 month later...

If you know flash, maybe you could write a bar code generator in flash that would convert any text fed to it into code128.

You'd have to invest some time to learn how to convert text to bars but I learned and made a code128 font & calculations in a couple days so I can tell you that the concepts are not as difficult as you might imagine.

This topic is 5536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.