Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New SMTP Feature Question

This topic is 5301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am looking to upgrade to FM 10 Family, and I downloaded the manuals to see if I am getting this feature correct, but when you look it up, it just says "See Help". So I just want to confirm:

With this new feature, can I now trigger the this script to run via IWP/CWP?

I want it to send an email notification/confirmation when an IWP user submits an entry without having to set up a dedicated machine to be checking to see if it needs to send an email.

Thanks all!

Yes you can.

Keep in mind that we now have 3 different types of script steps:

- client compatible (can be run from an FMP client)

- web compatible

- server compatible

Things like export/import are now server compatible for instance but not web compatible.

• 3 weeks later...

I setup a script within my database to send an email message via a server side schedule. The email gets sent but bounced.

Looking at the SMTP server log the FileMaker Server 10 Advanced server is encoding the email address. The reason the message is getting bounced is because the from address appears to the SMTP server as:

=?UTF-8?B?RGFu?=

I unchecked some of the FileMaker Pro language settings including curly quotes to no avail. I can't find any other local or server encoding options referring to anything else except PHP and UTF-8. I doubt that is related and is necessary.

Dan

• 6 months later...

hi - i get the same problem dan had too -- even if i use authentication. the Reply-To has a bunch of garbage before my email address, example: Return-Path: <=?utf-8?b?sm9hbm5lifjob2rlbgaa?=

this causes only some people to get emails i send via Filemaker -- for instance yahoo users get them but gmail do not. many corporate clients do not receive them.

any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

i learned from filemaker that there is a bug in the Send Mail via SMTP feature. i can populate the from "email" but have to leave the from "name" blank in order for all intended recipients to receive mail. hope this might be helpful to others having this problem.

This topic is 5301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.