portal sort

hassam36

This topic is 5546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have an issue with sorting a portal by one of its fields.

When this portal represented the original instance of the underlying table I was able to sort it by a specific field. However, since changing the portal to reflect a second instance of the underlying table, it is no longer sorting by any field.

Any ideas why this or how I can get it to sort again?

John

If you change the table occurrence of the portal (which I assume is what you mean by "instance"), then you need to define the portal sort because its context has changed. All the fields need to have their context changed to reflect the different TO as well.

Edited by Guest

I changed the table occurance and changed all the fields in the portal to reflect the new occurance.

When I open the Portal Setup window and select the sort option, there are no options to change the sort to reflect one occurance or another. The records just reflect the underlying table.

So I believe everything should be in synch..

Is there something else?

Hi BCooney

Attached is the file with the issue portal sort issue (logon=admin, password=test11). The problem portal is located on the 'Budget Worksheet' layout (use 'Budget' button on right) and it is on the Revenue-UCS tab--bottom portal (marked) that is not sorting.

It is supposed to be sorted by the cost center field, but is not. The portal is based on a table occurance and not the underlying table.

Any insight you have as to why this portal is not sorting would be greatly appreciated.

John

CIP_BUDGET_ME_2-4-09.zip

Now that the portal is sorting correctly, I still have an issue with a summary field that I thought would clear up once the sort was functioning.

I am using a calculation field in the underlying table that contains the GetSummary() function with a break field. This is just to sum dollar amounts in each record for all like records based on a similar value in the cost center field (break field).

This worked fine when I had the original portal/table occurance on the layout that represented the underlying table. Now it doesn’t with the second portal/table occurance. So I changed the GetSummary function in the underlying table to reference the portal/table occurance that is now on the layout. This still doesn’t work. The summary just displays a total for all the portal records and does not display the value broken out by the break field.

Any ideas?

I changed the GetSummary function in the underlying table to reference the portal/table occurance that is now on the layout.

I am not sure what exactly you mean by that. I believe you only need to change the context from which the calculation is evaluated.

What I was referring to was changing the fields that are referenced in the GetSummary() function from references from the underlying table to references to the new table occurance/portal on the layout:

Previously (using original table occurance in function);)

GetSummary(brlCccCstiID; brlCostCenter)

**With the new table occurance, the field that should be displaying the summed dollar based on the cost center break field is blank for all records.**

Now (with new table occurance in function):)

GetSummary(BUDGET_REVENUE_UCS_LINES 3:: brlCccCstiID, BUDGET_REVENUE_UCS_LINES 3:: brlCostCenter)

** This displays the total dollar value for all the records in the portal. It is not summed for the like fields based on the break field.**

This topic is 5546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.