Server Maintenance This Week. ×

conditional format for button

This topic is 5527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want a button to 'disappear' under certain conditions. But when the conditional format is applied, the 3-dimensional shading for the button still remains.

Buttons that have been around forever (FM6 or earlier) don't seem to have the 3 dimensional effect so do disappear.

Is there an option for button formatting that removes the 3-d effect so I can make the button completely 'disappear'?

Thanks, but that's not the issue.

I don't want to dim the button. Under certain conditions I don't want any evidence that it's there.

Is there any way to get rid of the 3-dimensional effect associated with buttons in the newer FM releases?

Tom

I missed that reference.

I have used similar techniques to cover things, but had hoped there was a simpler solution - similar to the option for rounded/rectangular shape for the button.

If there were an option to show/not show the 3-D effect for a button, the conditional format would be a much simpler way to make the button visible/not visible.

• 1 month later...

Hello, do not despair. What you want can be done without even using the conditional format functions, you just have to get creative. I did this a while ago on a Fm4 solution.

Basically I used this to launch an external program by clicking on the button (in my case I was launching a second runtime solution from a main one). The button would show up on the layout only if the file of the second runtime was present in the system (the user would install the second solution and the button would show up on the first solution, ready to be launched). I recall I used relationships (yes) and probably a portal (I think the button was inside it)... Whenever I wanted the button to appear on the layout I'd make the relationship true, and false to make it disappear. It worked perfectly. Sorry that I can't recall the specifics now, it's been a few years. I'd have to browse through the old solution code. If there's enough interest I can extract an example from it, but the relationship thing is the key. cheers.

This topic is 5527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.