Password a new layout in old database

This topic is 5555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have made a new layout in a existing database that consist of around 30 layouts. Is it possible to only password protect the one new layout?

When i go to account priveledges, I made a new priveledge set that is "Almost Full Access" where they can do everything else but look at this layout. But now if you are in a privledge set that does not allow you to see the new layout, you also can not modify the database at all.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Let me see of I have the issue: you want to have a database where people can use it without needing to enter a password, and they can see everything except one layout.

So far so good.

This can be done. You'll need two privilege sets, and two user accounts. The first should allow access to all except the special layout. The other should allow access to all layouts. Let's call these privilege sets "user" and "admin" where the admin account can see the special layout. Make a script the runs the re-login script step and display this in the Scripts menu.

Make one account that's linked to the user account, and set the file options up so that the database automatically logs in with this account.

Make another account that links to the admin privilege set.

Now when people open the database they'll automatically get the "user" privilege set and not be able to see the special layout. When somebody wants to see the admin layout they'll need to use the re-login script and authenticate with the admin account.

The layout that I am wanting to protect is the sales commission page. We really don't want everyone knowing what the salesmen are making. I want everyone to be able to access everything else and be able to modify everything, just not this one particular layout.

This topic is 5555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.