Get Filename with SCGetInfo using script trigger?

This topic is 5520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm considering developing a drag and drop interface for importing information from excel. From reading at 360works, it seems like I can get the file name for this automatic import using the SCGetInfo command in the plugin. However, they describe setting up a 'continue' button or the like to trigger getting this info. I don't have FM10 yet, though will likely be getting it very soon, and I'm curious if in FM10 you can trigger a script from dropping the file in the web viewer? This would eliminate the need for having to click the button, and I could just check for valid information through the triggered script.

It's not a big deal to set up the button, it would just be a pretty slick import interface if this could be done directly from the drag and drop.

• 2 weeks later...

I probably need more info on what your drag n' drop solution for Excel is...

SuperContainer supports drag n' drop for uploading/storing files in SuperContainer. You can use SCGetInfo() "in a script trigger" and any other spot you can call plugin functions, just keep in mind that SCGetInfo() works on files that are already being stored by SuperContainer, files that have already been uploaded.

Edited by Guest

I don't think I was very clear with what I was asking. The business about SCGetInfo() was just being mentioned anecdotally as a possible method for getting file name info. The inquiry wasn't whether you could use SC plugin commands "in a script trigger" but rather if you could trigger a script in FM10 by simply dropping a file into a SC. User drops a file onto a SC, script executes. Is this possible? Or will a further button click be necessary? As I said I don't have FM10 yet and haven't read extensively about script triggers, just mentally exploring possibilities at this point.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.