Navigate Layouts with Web Viewer

This topic is 5523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am looking to add animations (an animated navigation bar) to my database and was thinking that using the Web Viewer would be a great/only option.

I have a large database filled with marketing lead currently. I want to add an animated FLASH or HTML navigation bar in the header for the different layouts that I have in Filemaker. I have the FLASH/HTML part down, but [color:red]I was wondering if there is a way to control navigation to other filemaker layouts and scripts from the web viewer (ie. click on 'Home' in the web viewer navigator and the filemaker layout will change to my home/base layout).

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any links to places where I could find information on graphing in HTML (to add graphs to filemaker). I am not extremely code-savvy so I'll need the dummy version.

Thanks.

In order to have the web viewer communicate back to FileMaker you'd have to use a plugin such as MBS or Fusion Reactor.

As for charts, FileMaker used to have an example on their site but I don't see it there now. There are a couple of plugins out there and a number of options that use html/css/flash.

Keep in mind that printing from the web viewer will not be high resolution, which is one reason plugins are still a good option if you need nicely printed reports.

Good luck!

This topic is 5523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.