Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ODBC and FMS 10 Advanced

This topic is 5439 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are planning on upgrading our FMS 9 Advanced installation to FMS 10 Advanced. We also have several Access databases and a number of tables within those databases that read and write data to the FMS databases using the SequeLink driver. My question is whether the upgrade process also requires us to do some work with the connections in the Access database. (As in, do we have to open the Access databases to recreate each of those connections?)

I know the documentation discusses that the SequeLink driver provided with 10 is an upgrade from previous version, but I wasn't sure if is specifically an upgrade from what comes with FM9, as the SequeLink installer file with each FM version indicates that they are both version 5.5. It gave me the impression that I wouldn't have to do any upgrades for the drivers. If we have to then we have to, but it is important to be aware of in advance.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I've recently upgraded to FMSA 10 and installed a copy of FM Client 10 on the same server (did not install IWP with the client). Not sure if its a coincidence but I have started getting the error "DataDirect SequeLink Server for FileMaker encountered a problem and needed to close"

We've had troubles with the software that's connecting to the server via ODBC give is trouble in FMSA v 9 but this is a different error with different issues. Could it be related to having client installed on the same machine as Server?

I noticed in this thread that SequeLink version that installs with 10 Server is 5.5 but there is now a version 6 on their site. Is the upgrade as simple as installing the new version from their site or are there other tie-ins to FM Server. 6.0 also doesn't appear to be a free upgrade.

Hopefully that made sense.

TIA

I havent tested version 6 there was someone the other day that I was helping that coincidentally was having issues with ODBC and they had version 6; could be just a coincidence or maybe not.

Also I wouldnt run client on the same machine, especially if you have the ODBC option turned on for both client and server. They both should be using the same port 2399

This topic is 5439 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.