Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional formatting in IWP

This topic is 5425 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello again...

Conditional formatting does nor work in IWP-environment, but is there any way to get around that limitation ? I remember that I saw somewhere a trick to do that but now I cannot find it anymore...

//R2D2

Answering to myself, and asking more...

This could be partly possible with TextColor -function in script step (If value = X, then TextColor(field;255;0;0) etc. Or is it ?

I tried this with creating calendar dates. I wanted Saturdays and Sundays marked in red (also in IWP). But is this TextColor limited only to text fields, because This doesn't seem to work with dates ? Tried even like this:

GetAsDate (TextColor (GetAsText (Calendar::Date global) ; RGB ( 250 ; 0 ; 0 ) ))

Talking to myself again... :(

But I got it working when I changed the gDate global -field type as "Text" and created a new calculation field GetAsDate(gDate Global) for date calculations and formattings.

But anyway... This is a method to create robust "Conditional formatting" for IWP also.

You can always make a "train" of <> fields each having the first < formatted differently ... this is in particular hand when creating backgrounds in fields. Each occurrence of a mergefield is then an unstored calc'field behind the screens. This way even could gantt charts be accomplished, provided you produce a specific layout for each browser type likely to be encountered.

--sd

• 2 months later...

So, I am trying to figure out the whole conditional formatting in IWP, and I am not sure I follow. (NOTE: I am pretty new to Filemaker)

I have a list of results from a find that displays on my layout. And based on the data in each found record I put a text field in front that is either in "Red" "Yellow" or "Green". I have this working in Filemaker, but do not know how to get it to work in IWP.

I understand using the TextColor Function, but I am not sure where I would use this?

--The clients do not activate any of the rows. So, I don't think I can put a script on the text field (like and OnEnter or OnModify Script)

--Do I need to put in the script the performs the find and opens the layout?

--If so, how do I loop through all the records once performing the find?

Am I way off base?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for keeping you in suspense here, what I suggest is you display your data in calc'fields instead each via a merge'field. The colour not needed is made empty by the calc' but forming a train of several calc'fields will only those holding data have any extension in length.

--sd

This topic is 5425 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.