Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Open URL Function and line breaks

gsg_team

This topic is 3901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm using FM9 and the Open URL function to open a mailto: link and populate the subject and body in the user's email client.

The body needs to have line breaks.

However, on PCs the Paragraph character doesn't do anything and I've tried r and n for return and newline but that prints the literal string r and n.

So then I tried using the hex value %0D which works on PCs but prints the literal string %0D on Macs.

Is there a character code I should be using or a better way of accomplishing this?

Thanks

Here's the code called inside Open URL:

"mailto:" & Dispatch Delivery::Delivery Contact Email & "?subject=POD - " &  Publications::Publication Name& " - " &  Issues Name Map::Issue& 

"&body=Please be advised that the following file has been released to the publication. %0D PDF attached for reference.%0D %0D" & 

"Title: " &  Publications::Publication Name& "%0D" & 

"Insertion: " &  Issues Name Map::Issue& "%0D" & 

"Space: " &  Sizes Summary Map::Size& "%0D" & 

"IO: " & orderform::IO Number & "%0D" & 

"POD: "  & "%0D" & 

"Date: " & Dispatch Delivery::DDate & "%0D" & 

"Time: "  & Dispatch Delivery::Ddelivered & "%0D" & 

"Type: "  & Dispatch Delivery::Calc DMessenger & "%0D"

• 4 years later...
  • Newbies

How to use mailto for a url to make  body with multiple paragraphs, new lines, carriage returns, %OD %0A from filemaker with firefox seamonkey thunderbird mac osx all you have to do is use another &body= for each line, for example:  &body=Dear Sir,&body=&body=This is your letter, with two returns separating your salutation from the actual body.&

I am just repeating the brilliant solution described above, but using lots more keywords that would have helped me find this sooner.  Thanks so much for it!

This topic is 3901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.