IWP & Webviewer & QT files - Does it work for you?

This topic is 5439 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a db that is a collections of QT files. I view them in FM9 via a webviewer window ( great way to get round container limitations). It works very well. Yet to my surprise, the same viewing window via IWP is blank (see attached pix). Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any idea why?

attachment.png

attachment-1.png

This one is from the IWP documentation

Important Images can either be stored inside the database itself or, for best performance, stored as file

reference using a relative path. If you’re hosting the database with FileMaker Pro, referenced image and

movie files must be stored in the Web folder, in the FileMaker Pro folder.

Your QTs must be in the Web folder if you are "storing as reference"

Thank you for that. To get round this issue of serving up container fields using only the docement folder, I use a web address that points to the webserver. The webviewer does not have the same constraints as containers. To the webviewer, this should just be another html address, be it a QT file or flash or whatever. I cannot find any docs on webviewer limitations with IWP but I have a feeling there are.

Delving further, I Have discovered that it is NOT the QT file that is causing the problem, but either the calc field that creates the html address or the webviewer script that I use.

So for those of you that have a web server & FMSA, you can use the webviewer to view your QT files.

So I am now fishing for more info on what the limitations of the webviewer are concerning calc fields & php scripts.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 5439 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.