Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auto Tab

This topic is 5460 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to setup my own version of a barcode scanner to be used in conjuntion with FM. I have it working but when I scan the barcode i get the characters to show up however it doesnt tab once entered like excel.

1. How can i get it to auto tab once a specific number of characters are entered. I am using 3of9 barcodes and will need alpha numeric setup.

2. Can I set to to know that if the first three(3) characters are alpha and the rest numeric then it enters and if its doesn't have alpha characters for first Three(3) then its null and doesn't do anything.

You may be better off scanning into a global field and then having a script trigger run a script to follow your rules. You can have it even create records per each scan. It all really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

I just want 13 alpha numeric characters to scan in and auto tab to next field which i can set. Everything is set up for the data I need. But when I scan in multiple items the numbers show up but hits carriage return inside the field and just extends the field.

I tried adding the triggers to the bar code but by default FM doesn't pick up on carriage return as field complete.

I need it to see the first three characters to input other fields based on the scanned item but my main concern is just getting the auto tab to work.

I am creating an active inventory from our current inventory so that when my employees pull inventory from our stock I know what is checked out, when, by who how much, what lot numbers, returned etc and they can use only the active inventory to complete reports.

You beat me to it. I went into behavior and set it to go to next using return which is the standard for bar codes.

3of9 Bar codes auto "carriage return" without a code character. The field just needed to be set.

This topic is 5460 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.