Server Maintenance This Week. ×

from portal to portal

Eug

This topic is 5462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hi everybody,

i'm new list member, may be can someone help me? here's the prob:

two different tables (tab A see records; tab B use records) - from a layout ownig to another table, i can see a portal with tab A records and another one with tab B records - i just need to copy, record from portal A to portal B; just generate records with 1 corresponding value from portal A to portal B.

i tried to set this script: go o portal A/go to first row/declare variable ($value)/ go to portal B/go to last row(for generate new record)/define field as $value

all is working well except for this: if i trie to loop this i can't be able to go back from port B to port A after the first row. no way to tell FM to go to a row number as one idenfified with a calculation, no way to tel FM to go to first row, execute something/then second, execute and so on.

may be there is a simplier way to transfer some value from portal to portal? please, i'm not so able with strange custom function, or high livel code, i'm not a developer, i just need to set my solutions. thank in advance

Eug

Milano, Italy

if i trie to loop this i can't be able to go back from port B to port A after the first row. no way to tell FM to go to a row number as one idenfified with a calculation

Go to Portal row will allow "by calculation" - it is the last item in the drop down menu

i just need to copy, record from portal A to portal B; just generate records with 1 corresponding

Do you think this is a healthy relational approach? This should be a many 2 many structure, with a table in between just containing info about the linking by recordID only.

But we're here left to a lot of guesswork, couldn't you in the future initially state the context and purpose, since most of us a great at guessing ....wrong! Please nothing about portal a portal b, and field 1 field 2. No here say that you wan't to assign say student to courses, or assign items to an invoice's itemlines.

So my first stab in the dark is, is this in any way a similar situation as the one this template shows?

http://www.kevinfrank.com/download/2009/dwindling-value-lists.zip

--sd

This topic is 5462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.