Keep New Window On Top

Ron Cates

This topic is 5445 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All. I am working in a Windows environment and I have layout where clicking on a certain field opens a new smaller window for additional input. If the user clicks outside the new window it hides behind the original window. Is there a way to keep the new window on top until it is closed?

When you open the mini window use a script to do it. You can then have your script PAUSE indefinitely, until the user completes the mini window and clicks on a CONTINUE button.

Thanks Ideal Data. That is very helpful. It does indeed keep the window on top. A button continues the script and closes the window. Now I am concerned that the user will close the window manually and leave the script paused. Any ideas?

Start the new window script with Allow user abort[off] so that the window can only be closed by your resume script/close window button. Hide/lock the new window status area.

That way the new window can't be closed by clicking the Windows X button in the top right corner of the window

Edited by Guest

Perfect! I actually already had user abort off for non Full Access accounts. I just tested it under a user account and it works perfectly.

Thanks Again

This topic is 5445 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.