Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripted creation of accounts

This topic is 5408 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to give a user that does not have Full Access a scripted routine for creating accounts?

Rather than use FMP's native privilege routines, I've scripted my own which enables my client's administrator to quickly enable/disable accounts and to assign much more detailed access permissions than FMP's. I'm also using custom menus so that end users have access only to their own permitted commands.

All users other than myself are assigned to my own "Default" privilege set. That set is virtually identical to "Full Access"; the only difference being layouts: "all view only".

Through the scripted permissions system, only the administrator has access to the screen controlling accounts and their permissions.

My existing scripted "create new account" routine works just fine when I'm logged in with "Full Access." However when logged in as the administrator with the "Default" privilege set the same routine produces Error 9 — "insufficient privileges."

Am I trying to do the impossible?

Much appreciated.

Am I trying to do the impossible?

No, but you are doing the unwise. You can run the script will full access privileges to give the subordinate class user the ability to create or delete accounts.

As for the "refinements" on the FMI system, you might want to read this:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/180727/

Steven

This topic is 5408 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.