Hidden end with "_"

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Any file name ending in "_" will not show in the Hosts file list ( the same as Shared(Hidden)), but will operate normally. They will show in the Hosts list when accessing them in Scriptmaker. This is a feature of FM Server. It's a throwback feature from FM3 server.

quote:

Originally posted by Ken Hughes:

After migrating to v5, I noticed all dbs with a name ending in underscore ("_") do not show up as hosted databases. Databases requiring information from these hosted databases perform with no problem.

Is the hidden/non-hosted attribute a bug or feature?

FM 5 was converting files with "_" on end of name to Multi -Hidden attribute.

You can change that in Sharing.

After migrating to v5, I noticed all dbs with a name ending in underscore ("_") do not show up as hosted databases. Databases requiring information from these hosted databases perform with no problem.

Is the hidden/non-hosted attribute a bug or feature?

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - We recently changed the names of two hosted databases to include the underscore at the end of the name in order to hide them from clients. We re-hosted the newly named files and they show up in the hosted files list for Pro clients. I am hopeful that a reboot of the server will flush out this problem that appears to be a bug.

Anatoli - I reread your message regarding Multiple User/Hidden thinking AHA! I just need to change the sharing to get the database to not show up as Hosted. However, I discovered it has no impact; all of my other databases that end with underscore are Single user when opened locally under Pro, and Multi User when hosted.

This brings up another question: Is it normal for the Sharing state to show Multi-User for all Hosted databases?

Rebooted the server today and still have two databases that end in underscore showing up as Hosted when Pro clients click the Host button.

1) Do I need to change the database to Multi-User/Hidden once to satisfy some part of Server?

2) Is it normal for databases that are selected as Single User in Sharing to show up as Multi-User when hosted by the Server?

quote:

Originally posted by Ken Hughes:

Rebooted the server today and still have two databases that end in underscore showing up as Hosted when Pro clients click the Host button.

As far as I know this no longer works and has been replaced with the Multi-User [Hidden] sharing option.

quote:

1) Do I need to change the database to Multi-User/Hidden once to satisfy some part of Server?

Yes. Once you do this the database will be hidden.

quote:

2) Is it normal for databases that are selected as Single User in Sharing to show up as Multi-User when hosted by the Server?

Of course. Once you load them onto server they are no longer single-user files. Although I think that there is now an option to allow the hosting of single-user files, or maybe it simply hosts them without requiring you to make them multi-user first.

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.