Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Mediamanager EXIF

This topic is 5364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Although i have read documentation relating to extracting EXIF tag information with the metadata function in MediaManager i can not seem to do it with the 8.5 Advanced or FMP 10 app that i have.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a very expensive bug!!! I need the EXIF info ???

Please Help!!!

And you have read this????

GETIMAGEINFO: On some of my images, when I try to use the Media_GetImageInfo function, I get an error stating that the referenced image cannot be found. Why?

You may be running into a bug in FileMaker Pro. Did you use FMP's Import Records>Folder function to insert the pictures? When FMP imports a folder of pictures, it uses an incorrect file path notation, which then prevents MediaManager from returning the image information.

There is a workaround you can use, however, for these images. Create a script that sets the following calculation into the container field holding the imported image (where myTable::Container is the name of the container):

Substitute (

GetAsText (myTable::Container) ; "image:" ;

Case ( Get ( SystemPlatform ) = -1 ; "imagemac:" ; "imagewin:" ))

This calculation basically grabs the file path for the image in the container, fixes the format, and then with your Set Field step you are setting the corrected file path back into the container field. You shouldn't see any change in the displayed image, but the file path format will now be correct and you can then use Media_GetImageInfo without a problem.

--sd

Hey Soren.

Yes the images are inserted via the plugin

I can only seem to get the IPTC info eg:

©mak: Canon

©mod: Canon DIGITAL IXUS

©day: 2001:06:09 15:17:32

Strange as the documentation only refers to this information yet the website refers to the EXIF etc.

I am feeling like there has been an undocumented downgrade.

I really hope that it is something that i have missed as i have spent some serious money on this.

The company support seems to be away at the moment. ???

But i really need to work with this info in the next few days.

Link

"File Management:

Get image and sound metadata (EXIF, IPTC, and ID3)"

Really hope i am missing something here.

Thanks

This does seem to be something that had occured before in 8.1.0 (now 10.0.0), but there seems to be no mention of it now.

"Image File Metadata Fix

Media_GetMetadata existed in earlier versions of MediaManager as an image-only function; however, a bug in MediaManager 8.1.0 prevented it from working correctly. The function has been fixed and now returns EXIF data for JPEG images."

http://www.newmillennium.com/index.php?src=directory&view=rev_history&srctype=display&back=rev_history&id=234&view=rev_history&category=ExportFM&submenu=MediaManager_Revision_History&pos=0,100,20&PHPSESSID=375bc845969ec4139e8042b6656708a8

But this throwing serious money, is due to deployment, since several OSAX'en deals with this ... if you just were lucky enough to have the entire workgroup on mac's???

This one seems an obvious start to begin:

http://osaxen.com/files/exifinfox2.2.html

--sd

This topic is 5364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.