Disable automatic sort in FileMaker v10

piping

This topic is 3162 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Someone know how to disable the automatic sorting of records? I have several layouts that are sorted and I want to maintain the original sort until I finish to update the information of the records showing there, but any change that I made, produce the system re-sort the records. It is getting very annoyed. Is a way to stop that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Newbies

Thank you for your help, but I want to keep the order that the sort gave me. If I use the unsort, the automatic sort will stop, but it also change the order that I want to see my data. Is there another way to stop the automatic sort?

It was a daft stab indeed, but there might be something to it if we knew a little more about the data behind. But the automatic sorting is one of those things woosh over your head, which have given us dynamic reporting, and a slightly different refreshing of fields.

One of the companies i develop for have drawn a line in the sand and will only use fm8.5 since the core business is IWP ... and this new overhead disturbs in some way I can't remember in particular.

--sd

It was a daft stab indeed, but there might be something to it

Such as? I'll give you all the data that's required. One table, one field. The requirement is to sort the records by the field, edit selected records and keep the initial sort order until all records have been edited.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Newbies

the workaround i use is based on the fact automatic sort is turned off while a script is running.

i use a script with just a single script step (pause script) and have it run in the background as long as i want the automatic sort turned off

Edited by thrasykles

This topic is 3162 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.