Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print last two portal rows

Totes

This topic is 5368 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout with two portals, I need to print the last two rows of each portal on my report.

I have the report layout designed, but I when I put the portal in (as a 2 row) I get the first two rows…I need the dates Ascending also (so a descending sort will not work).

I cant do anything with a sliding as the portals contain many many rows of data.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

Jim

Not sure if this helps

The first portal has only two fields that I need displayed on the printed report: "Date Entered" and "Action"

the other portal also only has two fields that I need displayed on the printed report:

"Date Entered" and "Employee Badge Number"

All I need are the last two portal rows data from each child to show up on the report printout.

Example:

(Portal 1 last two rows...of course there may be 100 rows of data above the last two but I just need the last two from each child)

08/16/2009 Shot given

08/21/2009 Vet Visit

(Portal 2 last two rows)

07/12/2009 934

08/012/2009 743

I can add another field to the data is it would help in printing the rows I need.

Edited by Guest

I need the dates Ascending also (so a descending sort will not work).

Descending sort CAN work if you use two portals, one row each, both sorted descending, and the top one set to "Initial row: 2'.

Another way to do this would be to use a calculation field to display the data, e.g.

Let (

c = Count ( Child::ParentID )

;

GetNthRecord ( Child::FieldA ; c- 1 ) & Char (9) & GetNthRecord ( Child::FieldB ; c- 1 )

& ¶ &

GetNthRecord ( Child::FieldA ; c ) & Char (9) & GetNthRecord ( Child::FieldB ; c )

)

Never Mind the my posting below I have looked at the portal box since I started working with FM and I have never noticed the inital row box. I feel foolish...again.

It looks like that will be the fix I need.

Thanks again Comment and bcooney.

For my level of knowledge this may be my best attempt:

Descending sort CAN work if you use two portals, one row each, both sorted descending, and the top one set to "Initial row: 2'.

I know how to do a one row portal descending but I'm not sure what "Initial row: 2' is or how to implement it.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5368 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.