Centering images vertically

This topic is 5323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Below is the code for the image but it still won't center vertically. The web viewer is most of the page and the image is very small. It still shows up at the top of the viewer. What needs adjusting to make it center vertically?

Globals::g.SC_URL_File_Location&z_ImageLink_01 & "?width=411&height=487&resolution=300&style=noapplet+center"

Thanks,

Will

Are you running SuperContainer 1 by any chance? The java applet of SuperContainer 2 will automatically center and resize your image for you to make it fit in the web viewer.

You will need to remove the space in your url there to make the noapplet mode work if you are using SuperContainer 2(though you shouldn't need all those size parameters if you're in SC2's applet). The noapplet parameter won't be necessary if you are using SC1.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back to looking at this issue again. The image is centered in browse mode, but in preview mode the image is no longer centered. It appears higher than the center. I'm using SC 2.631. The calc is: Globals::g.SC_URL_File_Location&z_ImageLink_01 & "?style=noapplet+center&width=411&height=487&resolution=300"

Any suggestions?

It looks like you have a space in your calculation there, which would break it.

I was speaking to someone here about this issue. The problem stems from the way FileMaker handles the web viewers in preview mode. It unfortunately does not give the web viewer the full time it needs to load, and so problems like this can occur. It seems that java applets will often have this issue as well, though the SuperContainer applet seems to be working fine in my testing.

My recommendation is to use the java applet for your SuperContainer URL unless you are unable to for some reason. This will allow you to center and size your images more easily.

If you are unable to use the applet you can also use an unstored calc container to display the SuperContainer contents in your preview mode layout. FileMaker's built-in controls will allow you to scale the image being generated in in this field.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.