Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Login and time system

This topic is 5333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to build a login system. More like a ticket login system where a customer walks up to a system operator and presents a ticket with a number. The operator enters a search through the DB for the code. When it turns up the operator should make that code valid and should be notified if already made valid previously so as to avoid a double entry on the same code. I created a table for all the codes.

a. How can I build a timer script so that it makes the ticket valid and starts counting till 12am, and makes the code invalid when looked up after 12am (like maybe the next day)

b. How should the operator login in the ticket, ...drop down, check box? etc?? so as to activate the count timer till 12 am. Should it be drop downs valid/invalid options where the operator just selects a value?

You don't need a timer script (which wouldn't work for this situation anyway): just write down the time of validation - either in the ticket record itself or in a related record in another table. The next time the same ticket is presented, compare the current time with the last time it was validated, and proceed accordingly.

I am not sure what your exact rules are. As an example, this checks for minimum 24 hours between validations:

If [ Get ( CurrentTimestamp ) - Codes::LastValidated > 86400 ]

Set Field [ Codes::LastValidated ; Get ( CurrentTimestamp ) ]

Show Custom Dialog [ "Approved" ]

Else

Show Custom Dialog [ "Denied" ]

End If

This topic is 5333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.