Calculation pulling from portal rows

amypaulsmom

This topic is 8089 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good morning - here i go again smile.gif

On my invoice screen - I have a portal set up to enter my items being purchased. The commission amount is calculated from the information in the portal rows.

My delimna is - if I have them enter a FIN(Finance Charge) or ADJ (Adjustment) in the Item Code box of the portal - I do not want this line item to be included in the Comission Calculation.

I have the Commission Calulation set up - If(lineitem:item code ="FIN" and "ADJ", 0, SUM(lineitem:item cost).

This seems to work for the first line of the portal. But typically - the FIN or ADJ item code is entered farther down the portal entry. How can I have my Commission Calculation look through all the portal records?

I hope this makes sense and look forward to your advice.

This is what you said.

"Define a calc field in Line Items that include only the elements you want to have counted in the aggregated total. THen in the parent file, use the aggregate function SUM to calculate that total."

I may not be thinking this morning - but that doesn't make sense.

I hear you saying to do calculation in the line items and have it "find" the Item Codes I want. There are only 3 Item Codes I do not want to include and many that I do. Would you please write an example as to what you are suggesting.

Thanks

This topic is 8089 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.