Sign in to follow this  
tomp

Windows 7

This topic is 3863 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure if this is the place, but one of my users said they're getting a new computer with Windows 7. Are there any known issues with 9 Advanced or 10 Advanced runtime solutions on the new Windows Operating System??

TIA

I've just installed WIndows 7 Enterprise on a Dell XPS M1539. My FM10 Advanced now crashes after 3 minutes or so ("Filemaker has stopped working...." etc.) I only upgraded to Windows 7 this afternoon, so I haven't had a chance to see if there's a pattern to the crashes.

I also need to try another couple of PCs to see if it's just the Dell -- the move from FM8 to FM9 on a Dell D830 required a chipset patch to prevent the "sort" script-step from causing the blue screen of death.

Let's hope it's just this model of Dell laptop, or else my life is going to get very difficult!

I hope FileMaker will make some kind of statement. This is a little scary - but I guess not unexpected.

I have not seen any official release from FileMaker that says FMP in any flavor or version is certified for Windows 7. You should not expect it to work until FileMaker Inc. says its a go.

I just bought a Win7 laptop (Compaq). Not only does my FM10 runtime work, but my old FM6 runtime seems to work without any apparent glitches.

Have not tried running for hours....but so far seems to be OK.

This topic is 3863 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.