Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Admin console

This topic is 5301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can no longer access the admin console. In reading some previous posts, it seems the best thing would be to upgrade. I'm at 9.1 so it looks like I'll have to upgrade first to 9.2 then 9.3. However, it wants me to shut things down. If the console doesn't work how do I get into the server to shut things down? HELP! I also have version 10 that I haven't used yet. But I would have the same problem. It seems like a catch 22.

XP. Error message: The webpage "192.168.147.31:16000" cannot be found

On the server machine itself I get an error The admin console cannot establish connection to the admin server.

I've seen where it says it's a Java problem and I need to install more recent fm server versions (I'm on the first one, I think). But to do that you need to get into the admin server to shut things down. I can't! So there's the catch 22. Also, if there's an answer, should I also upgrade to the fm10 version I have even though my apps are in 9.0

Thanks for the help. I'm in deep trouble right now.

Mike

Have you tried this:

Windows: Click Start > Control Panel > Java. Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files and click Delete Files and select Applications and Applets and click OK.

Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/

Look at answer 7121

Edited by Guest

from DOS console go to the folder where fmsadmin.exe is located and use that to close your DBs, there is plenty of help available for fmsadmin in the docs or try fmsadmin /HELP

the admin console on windows is a big pile of poopoo IMO

Hope the posts above help with the immediate shutdown problem.

To answer your other question (re: upgrading to 10 vs. just upgrading to the newest version of 9), from what I've seen I'd stick with the same version as your client machines are running. FMS 10 is great, but I've heard of some unpredictable behavior when FMS 10 is serving FMA 9 clients.

Then there's the chicken vs egg question. What do I do? First upgrade my workstations to 10 and then my server? Will they worj if they're 10 and the server is 9? I can't do everything simultaneously.

This topic is 5301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.