ODBC Server Side Script Mystery

This topic is 5281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The following is the environment in which this is occuring:

Platform: All windows

Server: FMS9

ODBC Source: far away Word Press server connected by System DSN on server

Local File: Has one local table and references to 2 ESS SQL tables from previously mentioned ODBC source.

So I created a script for use with the server side script tools to run an import on the ESS tables into the local table within the file. Tested, worked flawless, then went to run it on the server and it died. After alot of time wasted hunting for the issue, I discovered that ESS cannot be used on server side import scripts.

Next step, do a straight import from the DSN into the local table. Wrote my SELECT statement, set up my import order, ran it locally from the file, it worked fine. Redirected the scheduled script to the new script on the server, it failed again. Same error, "ScriptMaker script aborted". The log files say:

2009-11-27 19:40:00.365 -0500 Information 148 CUSTSERV Schedule "SQLServ_CustSuppImport Admin Te" running.

2009-11-27 19:40:00.365 -0500 Information 645 CUSTSERV Schedule "SQLServ_CustSuppImport Admin Te" scripting error (4) at "SQLServices }:( Parse Submission :o Import Records".

2009-11-27 19:40:00.412 -0500 Error 643 CUSTSERV Schedule "SQLServ_CustSuppImport Admin Te" aborted; unsupported script step.

2009-11-27 19:40:00.412 -0500 Information 126 CUSTSERV Schedule "SQLServ_CustSuppImport Admin Te" scheduled for 11/27/2009 08:00 PM.

The documentation out there clearly states that the ODBC import is supported on server side scripts. I am about the lose my mind trying to figure out what is wrong with this import. Everything runs properly when executing the script from the file, so I know it's not the scripting itself that has an error. It has to do with the server side scripts and I am at a total loss.

Does anyone have any input on this and what my might be causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, scored an "own" goal with this one.

Moral of story, don't dev on 10 and try to push back to 9 without giving some thought to what works and doesn't. No import script steps in FMS9, just 10 and up.

And to think I didn't even think of it till now, Doh!

Hi amgdba

I was wondering how you got around this on FMS9? We are likely to start developing something (using FMS9 server scripts) that needs to pull data back from a MySQL database.

I've no experience of using ODBC drivers with FM. Can you simply perform a Find and loop through the result set, doing what you want (in my case an insert of the MySQL data into our FM database)? I envisage a FM server script running periodically to pull data from our webhosted MySQL database back into FM.

Thanks for looking

Tim

This topic is 5281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.