Images not displaying in Preview Mode

This topic is 5273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm running SuperContainer 2.631 with FMS 10.0.2 in IWP on a W2k3 Server. I've had to jump through hoops to get Supercontainer Images to display in a WebViewer when in Preview Mode.

Websites display fine, and the URL expression will Evaluate while in Preview mode.

But Web Viewers pointing to SuperContainer are behaving differently. If the image loads in Browse Mode,and then I switch the layout to Preview, the image displays fine. But this is because normal FM behavior is that the Expression doesn't re-evaluate when switching to Preview.

What I found was that if I put a Pause before PrintSetup [Restore;No Dialog], I get the images. If I disable the pause, or disable the PrintSetup, the URL Expression does not seem to evaluate.

More experimenting - My script ends in Paused Refresh Mode. If I manually Refresh the window, the images display. But the Refresh script step doesn't do it, even with a Pause before the Refresh. Only a Pause followed by PrintSetup displays the images.

Any suggestions?

FileMaker generates your preview image as soon as you switch to preview mode. If parts of the layout have not finished loading, it skips those parts completely. I believe that this is why you are not seeing your SuperContainer web viewers.

You will need to use a pause and allow SuperContainer to load before having FileMaker generate your preview.

One thing which you could try to help improve load time is to use the style=noapplet mode. You will need to specify width and height of your web viewer, but you won't need to load the entire java applet. If your layout is for printing only (which I think is good practice anyway) you won't need the drag-and-drop functionality of the java applet, and so this shouldn't be much of an issue to make the change for.

I hope that these suggestions help what you are trying to do!

This topic is 5273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.