Printing conditional labels to certain avail remain labels on a sheet

RodM

This topic is 2827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a small table of records, i created..

The operator fills in a field for each record a number between 1-30

That a number represents A Available Unprinted Avery Label.. on a sheet of Avery 3x10 down the sheet mailing labels

If operator fills in a field with a number between 1-30, ie 3 and press print... It print that Slot number 3 Avery label

Thats easy having 30 layouts printing 1 layout or label at a time.. Then I Kringe thinking of 30 more layouts or any adjustments.

What if my table has 6 records.. to print labels, any number of combination...

Any ideas... using ver 8.5

Using FM9 conditional layouts, I usually try to be 8.5 compatable.

I am brain dead for an easy way?

ANy ideas to start?

If you create another TABLE as a replica of the current one you could write 30 records to the new table, but only one of them will have content - the one specified for the label.

A simple script to write the records and a single layout using standard label methods.

Beware: Running label sheets through a printer multiple times will increase the risk of a label detaching from the backing sheet.

Edited by Guest

Hi replying to this, of your reply,

I am having a problem, got several days, you suggested this label generator code.. and this is my 1st label

I have embedded exactly....it in my massive code but ONLY having a problem with repeating the labels and setting it blank which seems to bypass out putting that label

Looking at this example code..

if I set skip in MY code it skips so NO PROBLEM many before showing in the preview

if I have 3 records in my Data i can print preview 3 labels

but if i set my LabelQty to blank

it doesn't skip that label like sample code

If I set LabelQty to 2 it does not preview as the sample code does the 2 of the same labels

I have made several new labels///

Its got to inside the label

or something with this piece of code

Case ( Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ≤ Extend (Data::LabelsQty ) ; Extend ( Data::DataID) )

Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber seems to always =1

• 4 weeks later...

Changing the LabelQty field that duplicates the label....

thus using Get( calculactedRepetitiveNumber)

I can view the table field cDataIDr

When I change the LabeleQty number field

I can see what appears as extra records in this cDataIDR field fine. a concept or viewing i don't understand watching

Its when I run the script that deletes all record in label table first then does the Import process..

I still only get one label am not getting those duplicate records

Folder attached has my bad snippet of this label code from sample above link these threads..

Thanks

bad_LabelCode.ZIP

Import mapping ? I don't understand.. not regard to the import command in script but to making a label?

Ok.. i tried to make the label bring in cDataIDr instead of DataID.. to the label it still does not replicate or repeat the same label.

I got it...

Its in the importing of records.. Instead of matching... and because we are repeating... the only field that is repeating is the calculation field... So custom important this cDataId instead--- seem to do it... the only darn thing i wouldn't even considered

Thanks... i must say you guys deal with a lot of puzzeling questions

• 6 years later...

This topic is 2827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.