Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom timetable

This topic is 5241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I recently started working with a non-profit foundation that helps highschool students make their homework after school. Im building a timetable to organise the presents of students.

The timetable consists of:

A constant timetable- CT: where the days in the week that students attend are stored.

A variable timetable - VT: this is based on the constant timetable, but then with a related date. So, the CT is copied to the VT, and then changes the dates of those days are added for the coming year. Then changes can be added when a student wants to cancel a day,or come another day, just ones, this is stored in the VT.

I have no idear how to go about the adding of dates from the day of the week (for example a monday) to all the dates of the whole year.

For example: lets say a student comes on a monday for the comming year. in the CT, he would be registered for monday. Then this is copied in the VT, but it needs to add 52 dates for every monday of the week. Can anybody please help me?

The if this works, when i add a new student to the CT, this wil copy in the VT, but cannot overwrite the record that already have been changed in the VT.

Ik hope this makes sense...please help me.

Hello Kasper_1990 (I'd greet you by name, but you haven't provided one),

Welcome to the forums.

I'd like to help, but I'd prefer a paragraph describing your business requirements. It sounds like you need to step back and reconsider the data model.

There are many examples of Student Registration solutions on this forum, especially provided by the user, "comment." Have you searched yet?

Barbara

• Newbies

Thank you very much for your reply! I wil try to brake it up in bits. First of:

I have one table with students_Id and Weekdays. For example one record is for Johney is monday. (The constant Timetable)

Then i have one table with the expected attendance dates. This should create all the dates of the mondays we expect Johney to attend class. This should be al the dates of the monday's for the coming year or so. So i want a series of 52 dates, one date for each monday in the week for the coming year. Is this possible to make?

Thank you in advance!

This topic is 5241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.