Server Maintenance This Week. ×

incomplete topic view

This topic is 5184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i have posted a topic (field name as script parm (Topic#212720)) to which the user 'comment' has responded several times. i receive the email updates but i can't see his last 1 or 2 response in the forums window. neither can i see my own last post. i've emptied my browser cache and tried from another machine, but still no luck. is there some kind of display limit?

• 1 month later...

wow, i now feel silly because i never even looked for the page numbers, but no. i actually do not see any page numbers.

there are only arrows to go to the top of the page or to the previous/next topics.

sorry, i can't attach the emails, because do not have them anymore. but the last post number i can see on the page is Post#347518 which wasn't the last one. i tried both threaded and flat views, but that did not make a difference. very strange.

Am I understanding you correctly.

The original problem was not with the Thread you quoted in your first Post?

and, some how you have deleted the emails that were at the root of all of this?

If that is correct, then I don't know what we can do at this point, except to wait and see if it happens again.

If it does, let us know, save copies of everything, and we can take a close look at that time.

Lee

thanks for your perseverance! actually, the situation is like this. i see in the listing (for example if i go to 'my topics') that this topic has a total of 26 replies. but when i click on it, i can only see a total of 15 replies. the others are just not there. i can't see anywhere to scroll to another page - they just don't display somehow.

i only saw those missing replies because i had subscribed with email updates, but later deleted the mails. so even if i can not show you the emails any longer, it is strange that 11 replies are missing when i want to view (or in this case reply to) the topic.

. i can't see anywhere to scroll to another page - they just don't display somehow.

As Ocean West mentioned earlier, there are two pages to your Thread.

You don't scroll to the other pages, you click on the number of the page in the Title Bar located at the top and bottom of the page.

In that thread, on the right side I see [color:blue]Page 1 of 2 and next to it [color:red]All 1 [color:red]2. The page number of the thread I'm on is in Black.

HTH

Lee

well then i'm either completely screenblind or my browser does not display these numbers. i tried safari and camino and i attached a screenshot of the top and bottom (with the middle deleted).

so... are the page numbers there? i'd prefer to feel like an idiot this time rather than not being able to see two pages of a forum :-)

boardclip.png

You found a bug, it is your "Skin." I don't know which one it is, but it is broke. I use Professional.

Go to the Main Menu to;

MY PROFILE >> Control Panel >> Display Settings >> User Skin >> Professional

I'll flag this for Ocean West to dig into.

Lee

hi lee,

i've changed my skin to professional and i can see page numbers now in the list (like 'my topics').

but in this thread there are still no page numbers. i tried a couple of different skins (my old one was the default) and it made no difference. guess i'm out of luck??

This topic is 5184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.