Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Reporting Dashboard

This topic is 5208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just when I thought my project was over its just beginning again.

I wasnt sure where to post this but felt its more advanced than basic so its here.

Right now I have a full reporting Run Time App in FM10. I would like to be able to have a reporting Dashboard where I can edit the data to be included in graphs and reports but want these real time via a computer anywhere off my network.

Has anyone done this, doing it or ever looked into doing something like this? I assume I would need FM Server to be able to report to any pc on network as right now I use a runtime on a shared folder that can be open by one person.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this type of thing? It will be used for upper management to "patrol" the facilities in real time.

I want to eliminate the exporting records and have everything communicate on its own.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really understand your question. What do you mean by "off my network?"

In order for more than one person to login to see the "Dashboard," yes, you'll need server and a licensed copy of client for each supported workstation.

The word [color:blue]Advance here refers to the Advance / Developer Edition of FileMaker, not how hard it would be to accomplish a certain task.

Runtimes can not access a Served File, nor can you share the Runtimes peer to peer. You can serve a Runtime???, but it requires Server, and a full version of FileMaker to access them.

You probably would get better help if this Topic was moved to one of the Server Topics.

Lee

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

What I am trying to accomplish now is a layout that will house graphs of data. But trying to figure out how to create it so that I can use drop downs for months and based on months select totals, defects, from a secondary drop down and have those results listed so I can put into a fusion type graph.

My main concern is trying to add records together by month. Laretta posted the calc to take date (date- day) +1 which works but now trying to figure out how to sum by month so that I can create a drop down for the months and have totals appear in the specific fields.

I plan on using those fields as the x and y axis of the graph which will allow me to create a real time dashboard for my FM app that I keep adding to and use thru web for other to see without actually having to log into fm.

I know im reaching well above my head again but its how I learn.... Hard Knocks. :

This topic is 5208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.