Server Maintenance This Week. ×

GoToObject() additional parameter

This topic is 5173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

This wish was engendered by the fact that if you assign a ScriptTrigger to a Tab control set, and then run GoToObject() of one of the tabs from that Tab control set, if that tab is not already front-most the ScriptTrigger will be run, but if that tab happens to be already front-most then the ScriptTrigger will NOT run.

Now, I know there is a way to evaluate this, and I know a script step always begins by emulating what would happen if a user did the same thing, but I think that it would be a great feature that we could select that the triggers evaluate "OnObject" as if newly selected if it is called in a script...

... then I was thinking that I sometimes use ScriptTriggers to ensure other contextual stuff that I am already controlling with the script making the ScriptTrigger redundant at best, and because of that I find myself writing $$skiptrigger evaluation at the beginning of my ScriptTrigger scripts so that I can script that a trigger not bother to run.

Therefore, I wish that GoToObject would have an additional Parameter "Trigger Option", where the default value is "Default Behavior" (or whatever) and then two other options, "Suppress any ScriptTriggers" and "Evaluate ScriptTriggers as if newly OnObject".

Okay, FMI can think of better wording, but I think it is clear what it means.

FWIW: $0.02

This topic is 5173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.