SCGetContainer

This topic is 5185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to export thumbnails all of the same height 120px

if I use SCGetContainer(resource; 0;120) it should ignore the width and just resize all to 120 height.

It doesn't - it resizes to either 120 width or 120 height (for portrait/landscape images)

same with SCDownload

help!!!

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please post the script you are using to download the file? I suspect that there may be an error in you calculation.

Also, make sure that you are using the most up to date version of this plugin.

running fmp 10.0.3

standalone SC 2.741

os 10.5.8

option 1:

set variable $result=SCDownload( PHOTOS::resource ; Get ( DesktopPath ) & "toUploadFromFilemaker/thumbs/" ; 0; 120;"filename="& PHOTOS::id& ".jpg")

option 2:

export field contents thumbnail which is an unstored calculation = SCGetContainer(resource; 0;120)

both give same result - max 120 width or 120 height...

thanks

steven

Edited by Guest

Are you seeing incorrect width or height when you get the properties of the image, or are you judging by what you view in your image viewing application? It is possible that your application is rotating the image for you automatically.

Your calculation looks correct to set the height to 120px. Width will be adjusted to scale the image so that its height is 120px.

Are you using square images?

I'm looking at the real dimensions - in preview and photoshop

not using any square images

can I email you a typical image (148kb jpg) that fails along with the SC output jpg?

UPDATE

ok - I exported some old images that were failing, and reimported with SC. Now they appear to work. Same images, just exported and reimported...

Could it be that images imported with an older ver of SC are treated differently? It would be good to know if this makes tech sense before I export all 10,000 images and reimport them...

Edited by Guest

There are no differences in the way images are imported or stored. Have you been getting images in both ways? Try clearing your cache on your local machine, and if necessary, the thumbnails directory of your SuperContainer server. This will force SuperContainer to render new images the next time you call for a resized image.

I think that there is something funny going on in your calculation. I'd be interestedin testing a resize function on your server. Are you using the most up-to-date version of SuperConainer? If so, please give a call in to the office and we can do screen sharing so that I can take a look at your system.

Edited by Guest

Cleared my cache and deleted the thumbnails directory - now some are working ok - some are still not! very confusing...

For security reasons I'm not allowed to allow screen sharing for this client.

I'll try moving the database onto my laptop and see if I have the same issues with new images...

Any news on SC getting the image dimensions? This would help enormously in this situation (to filter out the problem files...)

thanks for all your help - never forget - SC is a great applet!

I am not able to reproduce this issue on any test machines. If you are doing a calculation to specify width or height to 120px based on if the picture is your calculation may be setting the incorrect width or height parameter.

Can you post or email me your plugin log the next time you download one of these files with the width and height reversed? Please also specify which download is incorrect, and what the dimensions should have been.

You can email me at [email protected]. Logs can be found at:

FileMaker Client

OS X

/Users/userName/Library/Logs/360Plugin Logs/

/Users/userName/Library/Logs/360Plugin Logs/360Works FM WPE

/Users/userName/Library/Logs/360Plugin Logs/360Works FM Pro

Windows

DriveLetter:Documents and SettingsMy Documents360Plugin Logs

DriveLetter:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocuments360Works FM Pro

DriveLetter:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocuments360Works FM WPE

Vista: DriveLetter:UsersDocuments360Plugin Logs

This topic is 5185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.