Help with SC

This topic is 5161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ive got an install of Supercontainer up and running and have not touched it long enough time so that i forgot why i did some of the things i did when i set it up.

Now i need to build another use for it and im running into a knowledge gap where the set base url is concerned.

A $$var called $$sc_base_url is set to http://servername/SuperContainer/Files" at startup.

The set base url function is invoked during the startup script and the result is used to determine if the plugin is good to go. The parameter for is: SCSetBaseUrl ($$sc_base_url).

The webviewer uses $$sc_base_url with some other arguments that specify the unique location.

The servernameC:Program FilesFileMakerFileMaker ServerWeb Publishingpublishing-enginecwpe-tomcatbinSuperContainerWEB-INFweb.xml file contains the storage location that i want.

Documents are all stored at the web.xml location when upload is invoked during upload via buttonclick on the webviewer.

Does the xml file translate the storage location from the specified base url to the new location?

What will happen if i use a script to batch transfer some files from containers to supercintainer? Will they go to the base url location or the web.xml specified location?

If someone can volunteer some time to help me understand this i would be greatful.

TIA

The base URL location is the start of where your files will be stored based on the settings of your web.xml file.

If your web.xml file sets storage to:

c:myfolderSCDocsFiles

Then the url:

http://myserver.com/SuperContainer/Files/document1

will store the file at

c:myfolderSCDocsFilesdocument1

All transfers to SuperContainer use the web.xml file to determine the storage location.

This topic is 5161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.