Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Rename while Migrating

This topic is 5141 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am doing a large migration of embedded jpg’s in FM to SuperContainer files, but trying to figure out a way to rename the jpg’s during the process. Any help would be grately appciated.

You can use the SuperContainer companion plugin to script your upload from FileMaker to supercontainer. When you call the SCSetContainer function in this process you can use the "filename=desired_name" parameter to change the name of the file when you upload it.

You can read about this function in the documentation.html file which came with your download of SuperContainer.

Ok, that works. But instead of adding new files to the directory, it keeps replacing the same one.

Does that mean it will only allow 1 file per directory?

Here is my script step:

SCSsetContainer(phish/"&siteData::s_ObjectDateName;SiteData::con_SiteScreenshot1;"filename="&SiteData::n_SNSite&"a.jpg";)

Was trying to separate the images by month (s_ObjectDateName). Each image is assigned the records UID (n_SNSite) and there can be up to 3 images per record, hence "a,b, or c.jpg".

There are over 100,000 images in some months.

Just wanted let everyone know that I actually talked to David from 360works and he was able to answer all my questions. Great customer service. In answer to the above question.. yes, you can only have one image per folder. But this turned out to be really not an issue, and in fact made it so that I did not have to rename the images, since all you have to do is point to that unique folder.

This topic is 5141 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.