SC 2.743 - SCChooseFile Issue

This topic is 5157 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just updated (and since downgraded) to SC 2.743 and I experienced an issue with SCChooseFile returning no results. After the SCChooseFile call (which has been working perfectly in an older version of SC), I do an SCSetContainer and get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerExceptionL data must not be null.

I tried to view the variable that should have contained the file path and it was blank, I tried to set a field using SCChooseFile and it also returned blank.

Thanks,

Peter

Double check your calculation and script where you are using the SCChooseFile function. If the function is successful it will return a file path, and it will return "ERROR" if there is a problem with what has been selected. If the plugin is not installed you will get a "?" instead of getting the pop-up file chooser dialog box.

If you are getting the popup dialog box but neither a file path or the word "ERROR" returned then there is most likely an issue with your calculation or script which is setting those fields. You may have mis-spelled a variable, function, or field name.

David,

I double checked everything and all seems well. The script has been working perfectly for a year using SC v2.631... I updated to v2.743 in an attempt to resolve the heap error I've been getting after 30-40 calls and that's when the SCChooseFile stopped working, it just returns nothing, a null value. I downgraded back to v2.631 and everything works as expected.

Peter

David,

The older version does work although I continue to experience the issue of slower and slower performance until eventually after 20-30 calls, I get the heap space error.

The newest version (when I'm displaying the supercontainer data and not using SCChooseFile) does not degrade in speed over time, it just goes 20-30 calls and then reports the heap space error.

Peter

If the new server is working best for you and the old version of the plugin is working best I would recommend using the newer server and the older plugin. You do not need to match the server and plugin versions. The older server is what is slowing down giving you the error, correct?

Edited by Guest

David,

I am using whichever server your guys use as I subscribe to your SC hosting. The newest SC Companion plug build seems faster and it's performance doesn't degrade over time... at least until the point of the heap space error, but alas, I can't use it as the SCChooseFile only returns null data as we've gone over.

Is there a way to dump the heap space every time the plug is called for a future build or perhaps have an error trap that dumps the heap space memory when the error in question is returned?

Here is the url to the heap space issue that I reported, just in case it got lost in the mix:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/214178/post/353972/fromactivity/posts/

Peter

This topic is 5157 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.