Server Maintenance This Week. ×

updating served files procedure

This topic is 5139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I am planning to develop a solution under a subscription based model.

1. sorry, wasn't sure where to post this topic.

2. any problems with remote hosting? I don't want to deal with maintaining a machine, and Server's bugs.

3. if I have 10 clients using my solution (each has their own DB file), what would be the best procedure if I need to update the solution? IE, right now, my own solution, I log-in and work on it live. sometimes changing a layout, sometimes adding a field. I am thinking that I have to run through an export/import routine. but that just seems scary to me.

Remote hosting comes in many flavours. Some will allow you full server admin console access, others their own variant and some more that will only let you upload the file via themselves.

If you develop remotely then you must make sure that you can DOWN load the file from the server - otherwise, and is always preferred, develop locally and import/upload.

You will need to develop some scripts to perform the imports.

yeah, I would just name them based on their company name. that's not a concern.

The other headache for me though. I use triple8.net hosting, and they said I would need to use a virtual private server with supercontainer and using the copy of server that I already have.

i'm not sure now what I want to do. I think my subscription price is going up as I think about this... ;)

This topic is 5139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.