Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

New Runtime Patch Released

Totes

This topic is 5244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this patch yet with success? I installed it and generated a simple runtime to test it and the runtime still barks the same error message on start up on my test machine without the 2008 C++ runtimes installed.

I see the Microsoft.VC90.* folders within the runtime app location but that doesn't seem to have made any difference on the run status of the runtime.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Maybe I'm understanding the nature of this patch incorrectly. After doing some more reading, it sounds like it's intended to let FMPA *create* runtimes without issue. As I never had any problems generating the runtimes from FMPA I guess my installer installed the C++ runtimes without issue.

Am I right on this? The patch does nothing to let a user run the runtime without installing the C++ libraries. That still has to be done?

Figured it out. The "patch" instructions call for moving or deleting the existing "Internal Runtime Libraries" folder. I just renamed that folder to "*.old" and added the replacement runtime files thinking that would be good enough. Something about the runtime build process must have found those old files in the alternate folder name. After I deleted that original folder and regen'ed my test runtime everything worked great on a client test machine.

This topic is 5244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.