Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Service Manager and arrays

This topic is 5114 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I know it is possible to return an array of data as a response by putting a portal on the selected layout.

Is it possible to receive an array of data using Custom XML schema?

Basically we want to have someone place an order which could have x number of line items attached.

We would rather not have to make x+1 WS calls

Filemaker doesn't really have an array class for data. You could, however, write your own return or comma delimited list of your results which you could pass as a text string or write XML to the text variable, and then return the xml formatted text as your result.

• Newbies

I'm not looking for help as to how to return the array as a result. I know how to do that.

I want to receive an array as a call.

What I am looking for is to how to correctly format a WSDL to give to my customer so that they can pass me multiple line items as an array.

Ha! That was my mistake. I was thinking that this was a question about RemoteScripter!

I'm not too familiar with this service, but I will pass your question to someone who is more well-versed than I am.

There is a feature in the Web Services Manager where you can define a custom schema. Clicking the Use Custom XML Schema checkbox on the layout where you define an operation will display an edit box where you can input raw XML to define the array you are talking about. When this feature is enabled, the FileMaker script that underlies the operation will receive the raw XML request from the end user as a script parameter and it will be your responsibility to parse this data.

For an example of how this works, check out the following link:

Custom Schema

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5114 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.