Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 5099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i am looking for a way to insert text from another table. I have created the other table with fields and have a relationship setup already. I am wanting to have a button that will copy that record into another record's fields.

example

table a will house family , species, subspecies common name.

table b will be the master record of an animal and will have fields for the area's listed above.

i would like to have a button automatically input the table a records when selected from a popup window.

If the two tables can be related then there is usually no need to insert the same data from table A into table B. Instead, you can simply place the fields from table A directly on your table B layout (or use them in any other way) as needed.

"i would like to have a button automatically input the table a records when selected from a popup window. "

If you wish to create a relationship, use a value list attached to a pop-up in table B. The value list should be based upon table A values (all values). In this way, User can be in animal record and select item from Table A and create the relationship between the two. Is this what you mean? Do you have a unique serial number in table A?

what i am trying to acomplish is to have a button that says assign this classification and when clicked it opens up a window that has its own layout were a user can select a classification via button and when that button is clicked the window closes and it fills in the fields on the other table.

the relation ship needs to be a many - one i think

table A - has the classifications and can be used with multiple reptiles

table B - is the animal record with the fields that should be inputed into when the button is clicked

and yes i do believe i have created a field with an auto serial if not i can create one.

This topic is 5099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.