Problem with IE6 / IWP / FMS11A

This topic is 5091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I think there is a problem with IE6 / IWP / FMS11A.

My list layout looked fine with FMS10A, but with FMS11A, when a user with IE6 goes to the list layout, the entire header part of the layout is blank, and in addition there is a blank area of about 4 cm before the first records appears.

If I grab the side of the window and resize it, the header appears, the buttons work, but the white space above the first record remains.

Yes - I realize that IE6 was replaced by IE7 in 2006… but my client has over 2,000 employees using IE6, and the IT department are not in any hurry to upgrade.

Screenshot_IE6_FMSA11.jpg

Well, IE7 was also supposedly required for FM10 - http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/fm10_instant_web_publish_en.pdf but it seems to work fine with IE6.

So this is a heads up for anyone using IWP with FMSA10 – it may not work properly with FMSA11 if your clients are using IE6.

Apparently many corporate users still use IE6 – I guess if you are an IT department with thousands of users, you don’t want to have to upgrade their browsers unless you absolutely need to.

I was pretty surprised to find out that my client is still using IE6 across the organization of 2,000+ users.

This topic is 5091 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.