Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EmailBodySubstitute more than once

This topic is 5057 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The way you are thinking about is fine to do. You can call the EmailBodySubstitute function as many times as you need to before you send the file. You might do this like:

Set Variable [$replace; Value:EmailbodySubstitue("myval1"; "Change1")]

Set Variable [$replace2; Value:EmailbodySubstitue("myval2"; "Change2")]

Set Variable [$replace3; Value:EmailbodySubstitue("myval3"; "Change3")]

OK Im pretty sure my problem is caused by having an out of date plugin. Im unable to confirm this as the latest plugin refuses to work in demo mode.

I get the following error.

An error occurred: This license type is not supported. You may have switched the 'License Key' and 'Registered To' fields, or need to upgrade to a newer version of the product.

Version: 1.944

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Where are you getting this error? The error message you are receiving usually occurs when you call the registration function or enter information into the registration screen in the FileMaker preferences window.

You do not need to enter any registration information in order to run the plugin in demo mode. If the plugin is not registered it will run in demo mode by default. Simply install the plugin and run filemaker, do not call the registration function or enter information in the registration screen, and the plugin will be operating in demo mode.

If you have purchased a license, then your older license information will work for the update. The only time you need to buy a new license is when a completely new version of a product is released, such as SuperContainer 1 to SuperContainer 2. Updates

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Edited by Guest

OK first of all I can confirm that the EmailBodySubstitute issue was caused by me using an out of date plugin.

The registration error appeared in the dialog field in your 360Works Email Plugin Examples.fp7 DB.

All I did was download the latest plugin from here http://www.360works.com/email-plugin/ page where it says "Own a license? Download the current version". (was that a mistake as I did not have a registered version installed? )

I quit FileMaker Advanced 9, dragged the new plug-in into the extensions folder replacing the old version fired up Filemaker went to send an email and thats when the error occurred.

I tried another download this time using the Pricing or Download demo button on you website (which I probably should have done in the first place ). Same error on both FMPA 9 and FMPA 10.

The only way I could get it working was to use one of my customers spare licences and enter their licence details.

I did the test and to confirm the EmailBodySubstitute works and then unregistered by entering DEMO and DEMO in the plugin configure dialog box. The error then returned.

Demo mode is run by not entering anything into the fields, or by registering with invalid information (though you will get an error with invalid information. When you entered something into the fields it will try and register the plugin with the information you entered, which is why you are getting the error. Simply ignore the registration fields to use the plugin in Demo mode.

Remember, as well, that the example files which come with the plugin are just examples. They are functional, but are mainly to be used as a reference for integrating the plugin into your own solution.

Quick answer:

Valid Registration = plugin is registered and does not have a time

Invalid or No Registration = Plugin is running in demo mode and will expire after two hours.

Let me know if you have more questions.

This topic is 5057 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.