Editing:Copy script step does not work with IWP

This topic is 5060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, I KNOW this one must have already been talked about on here, but the fact that this does not work EVEN THOUGH Filemaker says it should be web compatible is very frustrating....I'm hoping someone has a workaround for it...

I have a number of fields that come up in an IWP layout.... username and password and email response are three of those fields. In FM client, I can build a Copy button that users can click to copy that specific field's data to the clipboard.... Then they can go elsewhere (to a web form) and paste that data into the web form. In IWP, this does not work...

I know the obvious workaround is to have them select the field data, then choose Edit->Copy in their browser, THEN have them paste it into the other web form. However, since we are dealing with usernames and passwords, accuracy is crucial... Which is why I was hoping to use a Copy button....

Any other suggestions? Thx

IWP seems to maintain some kind of internal clipboard while a script is running, so if you copy/paste/commit all within the same script it will work. I agree, it's not at all clear from the script editor or the documentation.

I have tested

Set Variable[ $$whatever ; Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) ]

and subsequently

Insert calculated result[ $$whatever ]

This works, but might not solve your problem if you need to get the password onto your actual clipboard (potential security risk, BTW).

This topic is 5060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.