Download MySQL data on server side

This topic is 5048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a MySQL database that contains request for quote information. The database only contains one table with a few basic fields name, email etc.

Right now I run a script that downloads the data to a filemaker table and then deletes it from the MySQL table. However, It works on the client side. So I have to configure a system DSN on each computer that uses this "update RFQ" script.

Is there a way to configure this so that the server automatically updates the data? I know I could use the MySQL table as an external data source but I'd rather keep the data on the local server.

Thanks in advance for the tips

Edited by Guest

ok after much headscratching this is what I did.First of all I had to write the script from a FMPROADV install ON THE SERVER. This way the script would select the correct ODBC data source. Then I added the MySQL table as an external data source which I setup on the relationship graph as "RequestAQuote". First I import the records from the ODBC source. Then I run a second couple script steps to delete all the records from the "RequestaQuote" table which is actually the table on the MySQL server. This would all make more sense if I could just run the ExecuteSQL command on the server.

Finally i set up the script to run every hour during normal business hours. It would still be nice to be able to have the users run the script when needed. But again that would require each salesperson to set up the exact correct system DSN on EVERY computer just for this one little script to work. I'm still open for ideas...

This topic is 5048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.