Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Modal popup Windows

This topic is 5030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was wondering how popup windows that are used for modal dialogs or select lists perform on FMG? I know two windows on the screen aren't supported, but do you switch to the popup window, stay modal and then switch back?

Or, will modal users not be able to have this interface?

I was wondering how popup windows that are used for modal dialogs or select lists perform on FMG? I know two windows on the screen aren't supported, but do you switch to the popup window, stay modal and then switch back?

I've been playing with iPhone apps for the last couple of nights, learning the interface. From what I've seen so far, the short answer is "pop-up windows aren't used". I'd change to a layout that displays the options as a scrolling list or one of those scroll wheel things, then change back. It will mean giving the whole modality thing a re-think. Some processes and workflows might not be suitable for mobile devices.

BTW multiple windows ARE supported in FM Go. The little [[]] icon in the top left corner is a standard widget that allows copies of the current window to be created. However only one window is visible at a time.

I've read in the Tech Brief that a modal window will take up the entire screen. Haven't seen it myself. But it would be nice if the user is switched to the "dialog" and then back. Also of note, there is no "off-screen."

Overall, although it "just works," elegant solutions will capture platform on Open and provide dedicated layouts and scripts for mobile users, imho.

Yes, I think you're right. You can have a script open a second window (but it takes up the whole screen). You can also have a script close this 'pop-up' window, thus returning to the original. However, this has the same effect of having scripts which simply change layouts, but the latter works more smoothly.

This topic is 5030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.